-an HEIR to the HORNBOOK-

Greatest Hits and Missives
by Benedict Monk

Friday, July 25, 2003

-Steel City Loafs-

Where to begin?

Last night I cooked chicken I'd breaded with crushed cashews and lightly sweetened with honey. I mention this because here on campus approximately 28 hours later I've suddenly realized that two pieces of chicken are still sitting in the oven, which I thankfully remembered to turn off last night. Come to think of it, I also neglected to remove the bread, one-half of a steel city round. So now I have two pieces of rubber, and one jawbreaker in the shape of a half-moon.

Anyway, the meal was well received, and I'm existing at that euphoric time after a nasty work crunch, and before the next. I'm feeling good in spite of some recent personal problems, despite the A-list of characters I run into more or less constantly in this town.

-->Critter told me on the day we broke up that I come off as condescending. Do you think the last statement is an example of that? I think it is, but I also believe that privately berating the ignorance of others is a venial sin. So venial, in fact, that we might actually benefit from the judgmental execution of this moral misdemeanor, since we can't use that time to sin like the dickens. The way we all really, really want to sin.

-->Critter's hardly one to talk, anyway. I've seen her offend unborn babies and dead kittens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home