-an HEIR to the HORNBOOK-

Greatest Hits and Missives
by Benedict Monk

Monday, May 31, 2004

-Not that Vertical After All-

My most recent trio of books in the current affairs category includes:

The Horizontal Society, by Lawrence M. Friedman.
Creative Destruction, by Tyler Cowen
Free Agent Nation, by Daniel H. Pink

They're all connected, I promise. That these books help me win friends and influence garage bands in vegan coffee houses is an added bonus.

So nice of the vegan coffee house, to be open on Memorial Day. If it hadn't been, I might have gotten desperate enough to scale my way to the upper patio of the University Club. So tantalizing, that hotel, with its fifth floor open-air dining facility. Even on a rainy day like today, it would be a simple matter to reach the roof of the adjacent Urban Studies building, soda-tab chain in tow, and then...

We are a horizontal society.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home