-an HEIR to the HORNBOOK-

Greatest Hits and Missives
by Benedict Monk

Saturday, October 30, 2004

-I'm a believer-

More spiritual difficulties..

I am not a fan of shopping malls in general, and the density of the holiday crowds, the mercantile fervor, and the tackiness of the decorations only adds to my rancor. After today I must add a fourth equalizer to this system of psychological pain; ordinary instrumental shopping mall music hits my ear the same way a beatle did the last time I went fishing in the Poconos - full tilt into the funnel, and convulsing for the next hour.

This music sends shockwaves down the canal that the brain interprets as dangerous to the higher brain functions. It's bad enough.

Then our department store piped in Christian Rock. My skin did not split to reveal a reptilian body of gunmetal gray and sardonyx, but for a brief moment I thought it might. Has my faith gone that far?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home