-an HEIR to the HORNBOOK-

Greatest Hits and Missives
by Benedict Monk

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

-Bonds with Cats-


Little Ears Originally uploaded by thisisyourbrain.


The first time she brought me home, I met and charmed her cat with a few silly gestures, including lying prone on the floor so Kampuchine and I were the same height. It obviously amused him; by the time his mistress returned from the bathroom looking stunning in a new 10,000 Villages dream-catcher/hair clip, he had settled on my lap the way all cats who have figured out the food-for-cute equation must do.
"He never does that for strangers-" She marveled. "He rarely does that for me."
At this I internally exulted, still rubbing Kampuchine's ears as coolly as I could manage. Hearing such admiration in her voice lead me to think that she believed in destiny, as I did, and that our destinies were inextricable, as I did also.

She had to love me with equal fervor - her cat had sanctioned us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home