-an HEIR to the HORNBOOK-

Greatest Hits and Missives
by Benedict Monk

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

-Restraint-

My monolithic coworker snapped at me yesterday over nothing. Publicly. I guess it had been building for some time.

They tell me she is envious of my easy acceptance into the college, but I don't believe I did anything extraordinary for that. Just don't be a jerk, and you're in.

Until now, I sensed her irritation and felt only mild amusement. But if there will scenes in the library like the one yesterday, it makes us both look bad. I still want another job, but I don't want to burn too many bridges before or after it happens.

At the time, and after, I considered calling her into my office to discuss the matter privately. I still think it might be a good idea. But as more time goes by, I think the power of the initial insult is waning too much to debate without seeming thinskinned, or silly.

'Course, getting steamrolled by jerks isn't my favorite sport either, so I need to manage this problem quickly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home