-an HEIR to the HORNBOOK-

Greatest Hits and Missives
by Benedict Monk

Saturday, December 06, 2003

-d'rather-


Suppose I wax poetic on the winter storm. Would that help distract me?
It is a sad state of affairs when all you have to distract you from one piece of work is another.
I do not consider this work; I am refering to a different assignment, long and lugubrious as the other, but still doable.

Anyway, I'd rather not wax poetic on a storm I cannot see.

I'd rather read "Gin" or the "My Father had a Daughter." That's why I came to a computer lab away from home, to keep me away from the objects that surely would destroy my work ethic. Posting at the end of a night's work here does appeal to me - I did so with regularity last spring, or left e-mails in friends boxes. I still have access to a few, like this one:


My Gods, the view from this hall is simply fantastic! You would think the sewers had been emptied of all their mole-peoples this very night. From my place in the 24-hour computer lab, I feel I can best determine the route I shall have to take to navigate the turbulent streets, unhappy denizens and all.

Alas, I shall have to make that journey shortly. Let it be said that tremendous deeds have occured up here this night. I have changed my legal topic drastically, and will present my findings breathlessly - albeit nervously - to my law professors in a matter of hours.

They are permitted to disagree, of course. And through my research I have learned that I am permitted a "temporary insanity" plea if I kill them on 72+ waking hours.

Huzzah!

I suppose I'd really rather be writing like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home