-an HEIR to the HORNBOOK-

Greatest Hits and Missives
by Benedict Monk

Saturday, January 03, 2004

-Good Breeding-

My cousin is expecting. It is only proper that I come up with some names for the child and overcome the dearth of imaginative, non-Teutonic family nomenclature.

My Personal Favorite:
Ephedra - Is there a better way to commemorate a product that will be banned before the delivery date, but stockpiled throughout the child's adolescence? I can't think one.

Jane, but only if the baby is a boy.
Robert, but only if the baby is a girl.
Sandy for either sex.

Cruz - in honor of the lieutenant governor of California. Alternate spellings are acceptable, particularly those with strategic umlauts.

Rinpoche - Supposedly translates as 'precious jewel' in Tibetan. The baby would share this title temporarily with Steven Segal, but hey, how often does that name come up these days?

Trixie - I have my reasons.

Feel free to chime in. I know Ephedra is hard to beat, but I welcome other opinions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home