-an HEIR to the HORNBOOK-

Greatest Hits and Missives
by Benedict Monk

Friday, December 09, 2005

-Hot Water-

After seven months with no neighbors on either side of my apartment, I have been forced to adjust to new surroundings - two of them - on either side of suprisingly thin walls.

The noise doesn't really bother me; my landlord's lengthy screening process weeds out night people.

No, it is the water. In the past week, I've been taking military showers, if the military in question is defending Inuit territory.

There must be some time of day I can take a shower and find hot water. I think it was lukewarm for a minute at 6:30 AM once, but what good does that do me, the one night person to circumvent the screening process.

Today, a snowday; I showered at noon while one of the neighbors cleaned the car out front.

Still frigid.

But then I tried to wash my hands in the kitchen sink downstairs, and the water was scalding for several minutes.

Maybe the problem runs deeper than two new neighbors.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kingmob said...

You should become a diviner.

December 21, 2005 6:47 PM  
Blogger Benedict said...

Speaking of the diviners, I think you would like the work of Rich Moody by that name.

December 22, 2005 10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home