-an HEIR to the HORNBOOK-

Greatest Hits and Missives
by Benedict Monk

Monday, February 16, 2004

-Of All Media-

This article reminded me just how much I've neglected the F.C.C. tribulations of let. Yes, I contributed some energy to a handful of moveon.org petitions, but at the end of the day, this Monk just isn't enough of a joiner, mores the pity.

One television station I receive, clear as a bell - I am not counting America's Store - is the local access channel. Lately it has managed to broadcast some things I find halfway relevant, if not prescient. And they can't take that away from me.

I see what good they want to do. 'Save independent media. Save independent thought!'

But I have so many different causes already. PennCredit keeps calling my folks about the fine I paid, and I'm running out of recourses. The Reverend of the Golden Triangle keeps calling me, and I'm running out of revelations. The Laundromat keeps calling me, as I'm running out of clean clothes.

Not to mention that my plan to get the barbershop quartet back together was roundly mocked. This could have been our year. And what of my idea for the Everyday Art project? My abilities with chopsticks?

Unappreciated.

On the other hand, my sense of smell is returning with a vengeance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home