-an HEIR to the HORNBOOK-

Greatest Hits and Missives
by Benedict Monk

Thursday, March 02, 2006

-Just can’t tell if this is going to work-

She started as a blind date. We’ve been together twice since then, and I can’t tell if we’re going anywhere. Of course, it took a long time to get this far, thanks to extenuating circumstances; car accidents, illnesses, work obligations, and more.

Sometimes I think she’s completely bored, and then she’ll snap to life and I feel the barriers are coming down a bit. By the time we part, it is back to neutral, but we agree to see each other again.

I guess that’s fine, but when I describe this relationship to friends and family, I have so little to tell. They get this so-how-is-your-girlfriend-who-lives-in-Canada-that-we’ve-never-seen look in their eyes, and one of us (usually me) changes the subject.




Slow is good, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home