-an HEIR to the HORNBOOK-

Greatest Hits and Missives
by Benedict Monk

Monday, March 13, 2006

-Looming job interview? Expect a tech fizzle-

The last time I had a job interview, my phone crapped out the morning of the interview. It was a phone interview.

Tomorrow I have another interview. The cable modem crapped out. It isn't an online interview, but there are more than a few things I need to research, and e-mail messages to send.

This put me out on the street looking for an internet cafe. There aren't many here.

Try a Burger King, someone suggested.

I heard they were wiring Burger King restaurants, but for some reason my foot hit the accelerator when I saw the fast food joint. So this installment comes to you from the lesser evil of Barnes and Noble.

$3.95 for two hours.

I shudder to think what could happen if I'm interviewing down the street and don't require any technology whatsoever. Would I get hit by a cyclist on the sidewalk?

3 Comments:

Blogger YelloCello said...

If you were interviewing down the street for a job that requires no tech prep then you would probably be randomly selected to win a new laptop, new cell phone, and Blackberry (with free service) on your way to the job site.

March 21, 2006 9:51 AM  
Blogger Kingmob said...

Or perhaps you'd run into the "Do you go to Pitt?" guy and he'd tag along with you all the way to the interview. If you could somehow keep your composure while he sat beside you in the interview, you'd pass the test and get the job. How's that sound?

March 24, 2006 8:02 AM  
Blogger Benedict said...

No job is worth that hassle.

March 25, 2006 3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home