-an HEIR to the HORNBOOK-

Greatest Hits and Missives
by Benedict Monk

Sunday, May 28, 2006

-Welcome back to the city, sucker-

I've been in the country so long I've become a complete bumpkin. Last Monday I went to the city for a show, and paid a guy in a parking lot because he was standing in a parking lot the way parking attendants do. He asked me if I wanted a receipt and I said sure, buoyed by a promise of legitimacy. He gave me one from the central parking authority, too, than went to 'get change' in a bar down the street.

I'm not such a rube that I sat around waiting for him.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kingmob said...

He's probably coming back. You just have to be patient. It's hard to break bills in the ciy. Just ask the patrons who stomp out of here in search of change for a $20 so they can make one photocopy from Purdon's.

June 14, 2006 4:24 PM  
Blogger Benedict said...

I'll get my change tomorrow.

June 16, 2006 2:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home