-an HEIR to the HORNBOOK-

Greatest Hits and Missives
by Benedict Monk

Monday, April 17, 2006

-When I have a bad day, the last thing I need is Daniel Powter rubbing it in.-

What sort of gumption is needed to kick oneself in the ass to accomplish one's goals?
Friday was not really a bad day, any badness being sins of omission discussed but not resolved over drinks with Set, who is on some kind of Lenten fast. By the time melancholia comes, the alcohol has worn off and cannot be blamed. Actually, I think it might be a delayed reaction from last weekend's melancholic visit with my cousin - bad moods can spread, after all.

  1. I need to get the latest resumes and cover letters out there.
    There is no good excuse. I find time to edit all of the writer's pieces every week, and contribute a new story of my own. There should be time enough to revamp a cover letter or two.

  2. I need to watch my tongue around the writers.
    Accidentally, I mentioned something about my cousin's process for reading scripts. When I finished, one writer got the pitch glow in his eyes. "So, what studio does your cousin work for?" I absolutely don't know, and I'm not sending him any scripts unless he asks. He's been working there for a month, tops, and he doesn't need unsolicited material weighing him down.

  3. I need to get that bike.
    Nothing fancy, just something serviceable. I've been meaning to acquire one for the better part of a year, to cut down on the gas I've been burning around town.

Instead of accomplishing all of these goals, I spent Sunday hiding Easter eggs.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kingmob said...

Ah, practicing the fine art of hiding easter eggs is a time-honored tradition and nothing to frown upon. Sure, it can't be a bullet point on a resume, but it speaks volumes for those who partake in it. Bonus points for wearing a pair of fuzzy rabbit ears while doing so.

April 22, 2006 6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home