-an HEIR to the HORNBOOK-

Greatest Hits and Missives
by Benedict Monk

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

-Rappelez-vous les années '80?-

If my recent study of the French language through the Capretz total immersion system is any indication, the seeds of most recent and spectacular failure of Gallic-American diplomacy were planted in the early 1980s, when we infected their language instruction videos with clothing and hairstyles that many contemporaries of the period deny ever existed. You may have seen these people, guarding all photos and videos from the period as shameful relics that could at any moment bring the authorities down on their heads.

Of course, the series is still young. I have many more lessons to get through before I can roll this language up like a baguette and stow it on the back of my moped with my beret.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home