-an HEIR to the HORNBOOK-

Greatest Hits and Missives
by Benedict Monk

Friday, September 26, 2003

-If you liked this, you'll love-

"The mahogany panels of the boardroom could scarcely contain the stir when Benedict Monk, looking much like a young Gregory Peck, rose to his feet and delivered an oration on current ideas and trends in business."

This is the best way to solidify the externally-imposed adbanner that takes a taste of the weblog's content and determines the logical extension of the viewer's tastes. At the moment of this post, that would be A penny for... and Gregory Peck Films, courtesy of Amazon. Some copious browser refreshing, and we'll see Classic Western Films on sale, Gene Hackman Films, and Movable Type Ads.

Since I often use IMDB, the cinema links don't surprise me. But is last Sunday's crude table enough to render me a financial wizard? I can accept accolades for solving a rather difficult problem without a blackboard or calculator (10 - 2 - 5 = 3) but I fear for my employees if I should be thrust into the leadership chair at a large corporation.

It could be worse, I suppose. Benedict Becomes Clairvoyant only grants adspace devoted to Porch Swings.

Try it. Refresh. Refresh again. Nothing but porch swings.

Addendum: Instead of featuring advertisements for Kablog, the powers that be at present are including "See you next week" under a search for "poop." At the risk of driving myself crazy over the classification method used by these bots, I do wonder if I've just been judged yet again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home