-an HEIR to the HORNBOOK-

Greatest Hits and Missives
by Benedict Monk

Thursday, April 29, 2004

-Harmony in the Lead-

If the kids downstairs are gonna 'throw down' a dance party, there is NO WAY I can maintain an agrarian circadian rhythm, forthcoming sleep deprivation study notwithstanding.

Yes. Yes, el jefe, doctor de la noche, I know this is not advisable. I know this ain't gonna help me none in the long run. If only these young people could appreciate something with a melody, I might be able to nod off on the shag bath mat, which tends to muffle easy listening. Not the case with the pop, the rap, the show tune. These are Gamma rays.

{Refresher for everyone who can't remember physical science, or the last, tragic episode of 'Mr. Wizard'}
Alpha Particles - Can be blocked by paper.
Beta Particles - Can be stopped by Aluminum.
Gamma Rays - Reduced in power by lead and concrete.

And mind you, I live in a paper house with none of those other elements. A paper house with paper windows neighbors peel back once a day from December 1st to December 25th.

Stop looking at me, I shouted. Look over there, at the Inflatable Christian blog!

[My footsteps recede]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home